Going from a 2 stage to a electric snowjoe

sporkk

Threads
A 2 stage snow blower is my last gas tool. A while back when we had a major blizzard and plows blocked in our driveway with waist high snow this thing was still able to cut through it. This year I kept delaying on starting it up and pretty soon the driveway was loaded with snow and I ended up getting out my trusty shovel because I didn't even have any gas.

Amazon had snowjoes on sale for close to a hundred bucks and I picked one up on a whim. I am quite impressed so far. Do you think I would regret selling the 2 stage? Its rare anymore that we have a foot of snow and really rare if we have 2 feet. Multiple passes should take care of things but a little extra manual labor to break up the blocked driveway during heavy snows might be required. Of course no one likes the cord but maintaining a gas engine is even more of a nuisance to me. A nice cold weather cord makes it even more tolerable.

I think that I should be fine because I only used a shovel for a long time.

Threads
If your winter was as boring as it was here this year you could probably sell it, but it would be nice for end-of-the-driveway cleanup after the plow comes! :rolleyes:

possum

Threads
Is worth it to have one if you cannot get a service to come dig you out after real heavy snows. Your planning is about 37 times better than the average 100 people that I would see here coming into the grocery store on an average Friday. I would keep the 2stage serviced up and use the snowjoe for light work and be a little more diligent on my gas can. I did not need a snowblower at all last year. But I darn sure was glad I had one this year. A single stage would have fared very poorly in the last two storms we had.

metz12

Threads
Is worth it to have one if you cannot get a service to come dig you out after real heavy snows. Your planning is about 37 times better than the average 100 people that I would see here coming into the grocery store on an average Friday. I would keep the 2stage serviced up and use the snowjoe for light work and be a little more diligent on my gas can. I did not need a snowblower at all last year. But I darn sure was glad I had one this year. A single stage would have fared very poorly in the last two storms we had.

very true. i regret not having a snowblower. but the thing is, like the blizzard that happened here we got the power knocked out. your snowjoe wont work to clear your driveway without any power! unless you have a generator but thats kind of defeating the purpose since you are running fuel to power your snow joe and with the snowblower you would be running fuel to power the snowblower. i would keep the dual staged blower just in case and for the end of the driveway.