Getting ready for an early spring

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Troops,
Ordered and received air filters and blades for my Scag Tiger Cub/26 Briggs ELS in prep for what may be an early mowing season. The way the weather has been so far, this spring season may just be around the corner. I just lost the contract for a big job to someone that wants to work for nothing so I have canceled my order for a new Hustler X-One with a rear discharge deck. If Scag made a rear discharge machine my order would have been for a Scag. I lost my deposit which wasn't too much, better than $10,000 for a new machine that I had no use for. I haven't raised my prices for 4 years but had to for this coming season with the cost of fuel and oil going up up up!!!!
I was going to need a longer trailer to haul the extra machine, but no need for that now, so I'm not overly upset with loosing the contract.
A reliable source told me that the guy that got the contract just spent $3,000 at Home Depot for two machines, they no doubt are commercial quality if they came from HD!!!! HaHa!!! He plans to haul them in the rear of a pickup along with other stuff, good luck!!!! :laughing::laughing:
Later
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

thekid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nothing like working for free!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
This property manager was a pain to deal with but we had worked up an agreement and part of it was to store my machine on the property, mow twice weekly leaving the clippings but not a mess, and this is why I had ordered a rear discharge machine. I have a signed contract from this property manager and I have the letter canceling the contract. The new guy probably doesn't realize that he cannot park his truck on the property and will be parking out on a busy street and unloading his machines with ramps from his truck. As this property is a high end condo complex with a pool and a poorly laid out parking plan, I can just imagine what the job will look like using low end side discharge machines. I did this property years ago for the previous manager so I know what it entails. I mowed with an Ingersoll GT with a collection system and I had to remove the clippings and dispose of them myself. Anyway I'm out of the deal and probably better off not getting involved. It will be interesting to see how things evolve this spring.
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing: