getting parts for Troy-Bilt

dtref

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy-Bilt weed whacker and a Troy-Bilt lawn mower at two different shops. Both shops
can not get the part(s) needed, they say they are on back order. The week whacker has been 8 weeks
in the shop, the mower now 3. Is this a problem with Troy-Bilt that parts are not available? Both of
these are relatively new, the weed whacker bought in March, the Mower in February.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You didn't say what parts you are waiting on, but it has been my experience that when MTD/Troybilt/bolens/yardman/yardmachine backorders are normally 6-12 weeks.

I have been waiting on a lower shaft assembly since 8/4

dtref

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the weed whacker, its the pullstart assembly. For the mower its the stop cable.
6-12 weeks is crazy, how is someone supposed to maintain their lawn if the machine
is in the shop for 2-4 months. I've already spend $80 renting a mower and weed whacker
for one day. How many times do I do that before I pay for another new machine.
Or is that Troy-Bilt's plan??? I won't buy another TB is that's the case.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
About 10 years ago I had a under warranty rider down due to a $2.39 part. ordered middle of October, received middle of February. What is even better MTD has an emergency order program. Parts are shipped next day air only, and everybody knows what the freight cost on that is. You will receive the part in 14-21 days.

Wildcat

Threads
Interesting. I ordered a front cover for a TB push mower back in July and got it the same month. I ordered the part from the TB parts desk via phone too.

Also as a person opinion, I would just get rid of the trimmer and get something better.