General snapper r.e.r?,s

aka rotten

Threads
Hello all you experts out there,1st post probally many more to come.Since i,m retired and started playing with these mowers a bit ive run into somewhat of a problem.I have several i,m messing with and 3-4 of them have same problem and couple of those no #,s left to look up parts.Problem is axle boots and couple with aux.brake bands.Are these parts all the same [boots,and bands,look that way to my old eyes anyhow.If they are i recon i dont have a problem,Thanks

aka rotten

Threads
Hello all you experts out there,1st post probally many more to come.Since i,m retired and started playing with these mowers a bit ive run into somewhat of a problem.I have several i,m messing with and 3-4 of them have same problem and couple of those no #,s left to look up parts.Problem is axle boots and couple with aux.brake bands.Are these parts all the same [boots,and bands,look that way to my old eyes anyhow.If they are i recon i dont have a problem,Thanks

Now i know some of you gents can answer my ?,Most of you been playing with these longer then me!Thanks

nad3ooo

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have the same problem, i have a snapper but no idea what model or generation it is, and not really sure how to find this information out

i have found no nameplate describing any model numbers or serial numbers.

partstree does have some good diagrams available online for the various models, but it takes a bit of guesswork to figure out which model you might have

dogon1013

Threads
I've noticed a few features that area specific do different models. I have an older model (1984).

some things to post that may help identify the mower:

Blade/deck size
does it have an aux-brake pedal on the right.
what size and style motor
round tube rotateing frame? (Y or N)
flares/fenders on side of rear frame?
hi-vac?

Posting pictures will help too.

BTW, mine has the aux brake, and I think I am going to remove it. no real need for it IMO, and the newer models got rid of it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has a B&S engine on it the first two digits oh in the code will give us the year it was made as a starting point to help. As someone pics help too.