Engine Gas in my oil

tomgalladay

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm getting gas in my oil. my mower set for about 5 months and the battery went dead. On the float bowl is a censor could a dead battery and no voltage going to this censor
cause the float to remain open thereby allowing gas to find it's way to the crank case. This a Briggs and Stratton V twin, 21 HP

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
"On the float bowl is a censor"

Believe this is called a Anti-Afterfire-Solenoid, I have posted up a page that may help you if you are going to test it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    49 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 4

rockstar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have found this can caused by a faulty needle valve assy, as vaccum is used from the crank case to draw fuel, remove the carb and clean it out. There are some good examples on youtube. Make sure the rubber seal that the pin goes into is intact and clean.

gary198

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm getting gas in my oil. my mower set for about 5 months and the battery went dead. On the float bowl is a censor could a dead battery and no voltage going to this censor
cause the float to remain open thereby allowing gas to find it's way to the crank case. This a Briggs and Stratton V twin, 21 HP

Had the same problem. Change the oil and install a shut off valve in the gas line.