Engine fuel not flowing all the time

chucks59

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 42" lawn tractor with a 16.5 kohler engine. For the past year I have been having a problem with it dying because of the lack of gas getting to the carb. Have replaced the lines the filter twice and am still having this problem. Anybody got any idea what could be going on?

scott47429

Threads
have you checked to see if the fuel cap vent is open it may be clogged up creating a vacuum in the tank and causing it to starve for fuel you can use a real small drill bit and drill a hole in the center of the cap i have done this many many times works fine good luck

chucks59

Forum Newbie
Threads
have you checked to see if the fuel cap vent is open it may be clogged up creating a vacuum in the tank and causing it to starve for fuel you can use a real small drill bit and drill a hole in the center of the cap i have done this many many times works fine good luck

Yeah I did that but didn't help

impalass

Threads
I have a 42" lawn tractor with a 16.5 kohler engine. For the past year I have been having a problem with it dying because of the lack of gas getting to the carb. Have replaced the lines the filter twice and am still having this problem. Anybody got any idea what could be going on?
Your needle valve in the carburetor might be sticking.

pile81

Threads
this is a gravity fed carburetor I'm assuming. Take the line off the filter on the tank side and blow air thru it with the fuel cap off. I've seen grass, leaves, even bees stuck in the petcock off the tank. Other possibility is maybe your carburetor is not venting which is creating a pressure in the bowl not allowing fuel to flow from the tank, I've seen that happen once...