Fuel gauge works intermintently on 2month old 2000Z

jake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fuel gauge works intermintently on 2month old 2000Z. Any ideas? It has the new automotive type fuel caps that click when tightened.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Intermittent function is generally a poor ground issue... But it can also be the wire from the gauge to the sender... check the wiring connections at both ends, gauge and tank... :smile:KennyV

GoToGuy

Threads
The IS2000's have a float style fuel guage. Float may be sticking on the rod. These are a new vendor supplied guage. Your dealer should more than happy to warranty that for you.

mowitall.cl

Threads
  • / Fuel gauge works intermintently on 2month old 2000Z
I am a ferris dealer and done hundreds of warranty on new gages n no problem vendor knows there was problem

jake

Forum Newbie
Threads
The dealer replaced on warrantee, the ethenol gas is creating havoc with the float. Had to have it replaced twice. Problem is being fixed at Ferris.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The dealer replaced on warrantee, the ethenol gas is creating havoc with the float. Had to have it replaced twice. Problem is being fixed at Ferris.

I opened up a can of worms dissing ethanol fuel in another thread( a couple of users here would argue til they're blue in the face that ethanol has nothing to do with your problem:0)
Can you get non-ethanol fuel in your area?? I have a new(2012 model with 23.5 hours) Gravely and I won't put anything except 89 Octane non-ethanol fuel(with Sta-Bil fuel stablizer to boot) in it's gas tank(I don't care how much more expensive than ethanol blended gas it is)!!! I'm convince ethanol is BAD for any engine(but more so small engines) and I'm not going to spend several thousand dollars on something and then take a chance ruining it. Have you considered running non-ethanol in that Ferris??? I would recommend you give it a try if you can get it in your area. You'll also notice more cuts on a tankful of gas!!!

jake

Forum Newbie
Threads
I opened up a can of worms dissing ethanol fuel in another thread( a couple of users here would argue til they're blue in the face that ethanol has nothing to do with your problem:0)
Can you get non-ethanol fuel in your area?? I have a new(2012 model with 23.5 hours) Gravely and I won't put anything except 89 Octane non-ethanol fuel(with Sta-Bil fuel stablizer to boot) in it's gas tank(I don't care how much more expensive than ethanol blended gas it is)!!! I'm convince ethanol is BAD for any engine(but more so small engines) and I'm not going to spend several thousand dollars on something and then take a chance ruining it. Have you considered running non-ethanol in that Ferris??? I would recommend you give it a try if you can get it in your area. You'll also notice more cuts on a tankful of gas!!!

djdicetn,

You hit the nail on the head, not great for vehicles but, very bad for small engines. I use a product called Star Tron its an additive in EVERY tankful. Anybody arguing the effects of ethanol will find out soon enough. I have yet to meet ANYONE that is for it. And it kills fuel mileage in vehicles bigtime!

Boudreaux

Threads
I have mechanical fuel floats on other types of equipment built into the cap. I noticed yesterday that the float sticks really bad as I hold it in my hand and try to manipulate the mechanism.

Is there some type of lubricate that can be safely applied to the mechanism, and still be safe for the fuel....????

:smile: :wink: :smile: