FS55 on\off switch

Pathfinder20

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Fs55 trimmer has had a on\off switch that since new (5 yrs) has not shut off when switch is thrown to off sometimes yes sometimes no. Keeps running. Took apart and checked switch with ohms meter switch checked ok. Half to kill engine with choke when wont shut off. Not wanting to throw parts at problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pathfinder20

xp14629

Threads
Check the wire connection at the coil. The switch will ground the ignition coil when you want it to be turned off and that will shut off the spark.

Lawnranger

Threads
Many trimmers, and outdoor power equipment in general for that matter, will sit for six months or more without being used and as a result corrosion can build up on the switch contacts causing intermittent connection. Try working the switch from on to off at least 50 times and then try the switch with the engine running. Many times this helps but you may end up replacing the switch in the future. I had to replace the same switch on a FS55 trimmer last week so it does happen from time to time.

Pathfinder20

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will give connectors a cleaning and spray with Corrision Block. See if that helps. Here in south Florida
corrosion is always an issue. But it still might be coil. This trimmer has been hard to work with since new. If it only ran as good as my 20 yr old FS76

Thanks all,

Pathfinder20