FS 106 question

EatonsatCantas

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an FS 106 strimmer. It is in the shop for repair and I am afraid I may have to buy a new one. But....it appears that the FS 106 is no longer made - at least I cannot find info online. I have read that some folks do not like the newer 4 mix machines. I love this workhorse and wish to replace it. Any suggestions of like models? Stihl or not.

Thanks,
Ken

scott47429

Threads
i have had sthil for as long as i can remember and never had a problem i love my FS 75 when i did trade there was nothing wrong with the old one just wanted a new one lol

EatonsatCantas

Forum Newbie
Threads
But any worries with the 4 mix....which I am rather hazy about? What is the difference between my 2 stroke oil mix machine and a "4 mix" machine?

scott47429

Threads
well the difference is a 2 stroke engine only has 2 stokes to complete the combustion cycle the 4 mix is basically a 4 stroke engine that don't have a separate compartment for the oil it is lubricated by a mix of gas and oil just like a 2 stroke engine so basically its the best of both worlds but i haven't used one or know anyone that has so if it was me i would give it a few years and see if it works out for them i try to never buy anything till its been out a few years and proved itself

xp14629

Threads
The 4 mix is a great design. The only main issues so far are a lack of power after the break in. But that is solved with a quick one time valve adjustment around the 100 hour mark. I have a few commercial guys using them and there are no issues so far to be seen.