Repairs front wheel caster will not disingage

kentj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a honda harmony II model HRZ216 TDA with front wheel casters. The cable that pulls the pin out of caster so the wheel can spin around 360 does not disengage far enough out of the locking position. I have taken the caster assembly and the lever assembly apart looking for a cable adjustment but have not been successful. Can anyone help me? Do I need a new cable? Can I cut 1/2" off the end of the cable?

Thank you

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a honda harmony II model HRZ216 TDA with front wheel casters. The cable that pulls the pin out of caster so the wheel can spin around 360 does not disengage far enough out of the locking position. I have taken the caster assembly and the lever assembly apart looking for a cable adjustment but have not been successful. Can anyone help me? Do I need a new cable? Can I cut 1/2" off the end of the cable?

Thank you

There are no adjustments for this release cable; sounds like it might have become stretched or damaged, and probably needs to be replaced. There are some springs, washers, and couple of e-clips at the caster end of the cable, and the actual cable has a pressed/formed "Z" fitting, so it can't be cut and re-attached. You might try disassembly, cleaning, and a bit of silicon spray...might do the trick vs. cable replacement.

hrzfrontwheelcable_zps926ee63c.jpg