Front mount Spreader for RSD 54

Kremeneon

Threads
Hi all, I'm looking at options for a front mount spreader for my RSD54. I really dislike tow broadcast spreaders and with a walk out basement and wing walls they all look too narrow and tippy for navigating the terrain. I'd like to take advantage of the maneuverability and stability of the mower and slap a spreader on the front. I dump 400#+ of product on my yard every 6 weeks between lime and low density fertilizer (crappy clay needs all the bio matter it can get) and humping bags around with the walk behind gets old quick. At least with a mower mount I could drive back to the house to refill.

This is homeowner use so I need to keep it on the lower end of price, but still something that isn't POS and will last me a while. I picked up a Buyers ATVS100 but on inspection it looks like the shutoff/ control gate will last about 10 minutes. I think I will be taking it back. I think their larger 15 gallon unit looks much stronger and the mounting plate will give me some better options to fab a frame to attach it to.

Any experiences with spreaders?