Freedom Z 'adding after-market suspension seat'?

WVZR-1

Threads
I bought my Freedom Z because of it's lower seating position (mowing grades). Mine didn't have slider seat adjuster rails either. I recently decided to maybe try an after-market suspension addition that also includes sliders. Mounting this will require an extension to the seat wiring harness that's length is an unknown. It may also require a modification of the suspension component. I've tried to buy extensions but there seems to be none available with the four blade terminal. Fabrication should be easy I believe but I'd like to jumper/bypass the seat switch until the mounting of the seat and the suspension component are completed. The cushion of the Scag seat needs to be removed to access the seat switch for replacement and I'd like to avoid that for the time being. I have no intentions of defeating the switch long term. I'd be interested in which terminals of the switch harness would require being combined to accomplish the bypass. Should I maybe purchase a toggle switch and mount it? This is NOT intended to be long term so I thought that maybe the switch add was a bit much. A suggestion for a toggle?

I'll include an image of the seat wiring diagram from the Scag manual. I've also included another that includes orientation of wires in the connector, GRN, BLK/red tracer, BLK & GRN.

I also assumed that the steering arms would require a modification also and purchased a pair of manufactured extensions.

Should I NOT be happy with the suspension addition I'd like to be able to easily revert back to original and sell the suspension component. Temporary bypass of the seat switch means no modification of the Freedom Z harness.

I'd appreciate the help.

Has someone done this previously? I'd be interested in any thoughts.

Attachments

• SEAT SWITCH.jpg
    SEAT SWITCH.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Sczg Wiring Freedom Z.jpg
    Sczg Wiring Freedom Z.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 6

WVZR-1

Threads
I'd like to add a request to this. The connector female terminals to the safety switch I'm struggling to identify. I've done Packard/Delphi, FoMoCo and other automotive style connectors for years, I'd like to identify the terminal brand and maybe a link to a catalog for terminals/connector shells etc. I'm accustomed to identifying connectors by the terminal gender used vs the gender of the shell. I'd like a connector pigtail to match the 4 terminal switch 430-010 Stens or Scag 483473. I also am interested in the terminal identification for service and probably empty connector shells. Ideally I need to fabricate an extension to add the suspension seat so if there was a male terminated matching connector that would interest me also.

This link is probably correct for the safety switch connector if images would help.

WVZR-1

Threads
Since this Freedom Z uses 4 of the same 4 terminal safety switches(brake switch, seat switch & left/right neutral switches) I took a new switch depressed the plunger, drilled through switch, plunger and secured it with a cable tie. The suspension component doesn't have sufficient clearance to easily use the seat presence but it runs now and I'll evaluate the addition of the seat suspension. Still looking for a 4 terminal seat switch connector pigtail!