Freedom 42 mowing deck transition from LT155 to LT160

bkpipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Freedom 42 mowing deck transition from LT155 to LT160
Hi all,
My first post here so apologies if this issue has been addressed in the past - I haven't found anything in a brief search so far.

I'm trying to transition a Freedom 42 deck from my old LT155 to a new to me LT160. I'm noticing the lift bracket assembly is a bit different between the two. My issue is that the lift assembly on the 160 has a couple of metal threaded pieces (they look like arches, toward the rear of the lift assembly) with a nut on them to assist in the lifting of the deck. These nuts on the arches are rubbing against the belt on the right side, and the arches are also digging into the plastic assembly on the mower deck itself. They're also limiting the amount of mower lift up I can get when I go to raise the deck, since the threads gouge down into the deck itself.

Has anyone found an effective bypass to this issue?

Happy to upload photos if that's more helpful.

Thank you in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Photos please.
It also helps greatly if you go to the John Deere web page find your parts breakdown , print out the relevant page then use the JD part names.
I know this sounds picky but we have to visualise what you are talking about
I presume it is the lift rod part 16 in the diagram below but I can not see how it would foul on the belts on your mower which is not the one shown here but I happen to have this one ( 100 series on file )
100 series deck linkages.jpg

bkpipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for this - yes it is in fact part 16. I will procure some photos and post them here. Thank you!

bkpipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK here are a couple photos. One has the slack of the line without PTO engaged and one has the belt tightened with PTO engaged. You can see it making contact with the nut on the lift rod (part 16). Maybe it's just a matter of making some adjustment?

Attachments

• image_16859393.JPG
    image_16859393.JPG
    679.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image_16900609.JPG
    image_16900609.JPG
    676.4 KB · Views: 6