Formula for yard cut pricing

BHLC

Threads
Ones anyone use a formula for figuring out yard cuts? Say 36894 sq ft yard, or do you just look at it and figure a number? We are the latter, but we are trying to build a pricing schedule that takes away the guess work.

edd

Threads
never used a formula.....started 10 years ago with trial and error and have honed the skill of pricing yards down by looking at how much weed eating ,blowing sidewalks and shrubs need to be done and how flat or hilly the yard is......made a few mistakes early but learned from them......i do like to look at a yard and then come back the next day and look at it again before i give a price....just roll it around in my mind overnite

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ones anyone use a formula for figuring out yard cuts? Say 36894 sq ft yard, or do you just look at it and figure a number? We are the latter, but we are trying to build a pricing schedule that takes away the guess work.

I suppose there's a formula, if your one of those who have to run around with a little wheel and measure every foot of driveway, sidewalk and flowerbed and fence line to be edged and trimmed, then measure the sq.ft of lawn to be mowed etc. If you're doing sub-division lawns there all basically the same so my starting price is the same for the standard lot. , I charge extra or increase the price a couple of dollars for trimming fence, hedge trimming or if they have an excessive amount of trees that need trimming on there property. I have a set price and charge the same way for a 1/2 or a full acre.