Foreign object in fuel tank

mucksiegooma

Threads
I have a John Deere LT-150 lawn tractor. While refueling, the cap gasket on the flexible spout on the gas can stayed on the spout after taking the cap off. I didn't notice it and while the gas was going into the tank, the gasket decided to come off and go into the gas tank. Will this cause any problems, such as blocking the flow of gas, or could the gasket deteriorate and plug the fuel filter?

I would appreciate any ideas on this matter?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remove it if possible and to prevent me screwing up I've found inexpensive paint filters from NAPA work real well as a preventative measure.

Attachments

• Filter gas 2019.JPG
    Filter gas 2019.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 5

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd run the gas level down, get a wire and bend a small hook on the end, a light or two under the plastic tank, fish it out of there for sure.

mucksiegooma

Threads

mucksiegooma

Threads
I'd run the gas level down, get a wire and bend a small hook on the end, a light or two under the plastic tank, fish it out of there for sure.

Thanks Tom, I will give this a try first. It will be easier than removing gas tank. I'm a senior citizen and something like that would be pretty hard to do.

mucksiegooma

Threads
Absolutely yes, you need to remove gasket from gas tank. Try using a flexible pick up tool if you have one or remove tank & drain back into gas can using a funnel.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cra...69i57j33l2.26255j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?ei=tE...hUKEwif-rzZ4JvkAhWyVN8KHaTRCvsQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

This model has the gas cap situated on the left rear fender. The opening to the bottom of the tank is real restricted at the top. How hard would it be to remove the tank on this unit?