Export thread

For Sale: Murray 8HP, 30" Rear Engine Riding Mower

S

slk230red

I'm selling my 1986 Murray 8HP, 30" cut riding mower. I purchased it new in Jan. 1987 and it's been garage kept and maintained by me. It comes with 2 ignition keys, 1 regular blade, 2 mulching blades, side chute, original owners manual and parts book with diagrams and part numbers. I replaced the Peerless differential in 2010, along with bushings and chain tensioner. I hate to part with the mower, but I purchased a new Snapper RE110 last month.

$150.00 or best offer. I'm located in North Tampa, FL.
The pictures I'm attaching were taken on 6/9/2017.

Attachments

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

You should ask for more than $150!! That mower is in pristine shape for it's age. Looks like you've done an excellent job of maintaining it too. But $150 is what you'd ask for a self propelled walk behind, not a rear engine rider.

S

slk230red

Thanks for the reply primerbulb120,

Yes, $150 should be a good low price for my Murray RER. I checked craigslist and there's nothing there under $1,000.00 that I would allow in my garage. I saw a newer one similar to mine for $585.00 that looked terrible.
I just thought I would offer it here to see if someone with some vintage Murray interest might be interested. The Snapper dealer offered to haul it away for free.

S

slk230red

New Price....$85.00

K

kwgerloff

I wish that I lived close by I would buy it
I live in South Texas

S

slk230red

I wish that I lived close by I would buy it
I live in South Texas

I wish you were close by too....still sitting in the garage.

NorthBama

NorthBama

wow I cant believe no offers at 85. Its a nice looking machine

BlazNT

BlazNT

If I was close enough it would be mine kind of. I woild buy it and wait till spring and sale it for $450.00

S

slk230red

If I was close enough it would be mine kind of. I would buy it and wait till spring and sale it for $450.00

It's still sitting in my garage! And it's very jealous of the new Snapper rider.:thumbsup:

S

slk230red

The Murray rider has been SOLD!

BlazNT

BlazNT

Sweet. I still wished I was closer. It would have been mine.

NorthBama

NorthBama

someone got a good deal that is a nice machine

Boobala

Boobala

Well boys, ...... Boobala is the NEW owner of this lil JEWEL, just got back from Tampa bout an hour ago, sittin in my yard as I type this, man this is one very neat and quick machine, just moved it around a bit and then parked it, too pretty to use !! maybe I'll put in the living room as a conversation piece !! .. ( LOL ) MORE about this later....

20170609_141617.jpg...20170609_141813.jpg...20170609_141833.jpg...20170609_142428.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

The Murray rider has been SOLD!

And YOU sir made me a very happy camper today, Wish I was buying the BIG jewel I saw while there, you are truly a meticulous man, Thanks so very much ..... Boo

Ronno6

Ronno6

Well boys, ...... Boobala is the NEW owner of this lil JEWEL, just got back from Tampa bout an hour ago, sittin in my yard as I type this, man this is one very neat and quick machine, just moved it around a bit and then parked it, too pretty to use !! maybe I'll put in the living room as a conversation piece !! .. ( LOL ) MORE about this later....

View attachment 36451...View attachment 36452...View attachment 36453...View attachment 36454

You had better wash and WAX yer arse before you light in that critter.................

NorthBama

NorthBama

way to go Boo nice machine. That little dude is Rocky Top Tennessee

Boobala

Boobala

You had better wash and WAX yer arse before you light in that critter.................

YES SIR, YES SIR ... 3 bag's full !! .. I be clean Boss-Man !! ..:thumbsup: ..:laughing:..:laughing:

S

slk230red

And YOU sir made me a very happy camper today, Wish I was buying the BIG jewel I saw while there, you are truly a meticulous man, Thanks so very much ..... Boo

Glad you're happy! Good to see it went to someone that will appreciate it....enjoy.
It was nice meeting you and your BIL...glad you made it home safe.

Dave

Boobala

Boobala

Glad you're happy! Good to see it went to someone that will appreciate it....enjoy.
It was nice meeting you and your BIL...glad you made it home safe.

Dave

Again, Thank you !! .. Hope you keep visiting the forum, and keep us updated on that nice shiny Snapper you've got, soon as I win the Lottery, I'll call about purchasing that other FANTASTIC Jewel .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Ronno6

It was nice meeting you and your BI

Dave

Boo brought his brother in law ??

Boobala

Boobala

He's got the truck, did ya spect me to drive it home from Tampa..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Congratulations.

Boobala

Boobala

Congratulations.

Thanks Clyde, wish you could be here to see this little beauty... :thumbsup: