Fishing-what's that all about?

TedBeal

Threads
Any fishermen (or women) here? Maybe you can explain to me the fascination. My son in law is a carp fisherman and he regularly abandons his wife and kids to sit outside, in all weathers in a little tent with a few rods set up with little bells that tinkle when a fish bites. Then he lets them go!

littleAudrey

Threads
My daughter's partner is also a fisherman but he has a boat that he fishes out of. He lives up in your neck of the woods and catches halibut but he doesn't throw them back, They eat them! I recall him telling me about one fish they caught that was too big to haul into the boat and they had to shoot it!:laughing:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any fishermen (or women) here? Maybe you can explain to me the fascination.
Fishing? Well Ted, you either get it or you don't. If you could explain why you like to fish, it still wouldn't make sense to those that don't.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fishing? Well Ted, you either get it or you don't. If you could explain why you like to fish, it still wouldn't make sense to those that don't.

Maybe this will make a little sense ---- When my line is in the water I'm not thinking about anything else.
It is just pure relaxation - either actively fishing or just with line in and waiting for a bite. Even more fun with the Chocolate Lab watching the line too !
:thumbsup: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

173abn

Threads
went fishing again this morning,foggy on the river with geese all around .just great!caught enough channel cats for supper and let the rest go.saving my pennies for a boat motor and plan to do some overnights on the Kaw.can't wait. russ

cohen

Threads
Every man has something like that. Mark Gungor calls it the "nothing" box.

For immediate gratification, jump to 3:17 of this video: YouTube - Tale of Two Brains

When I was a kid I used to create toys using tools from my father's shop. After being done with a toy plane or a toy battle ship, I play with it for a while. Then I lost interest and I gave them away to a very happy neighbor. When I was a teen my fascination was charcoal painting. I could spend minutes, even an hour, just watching a blank canvass. Once I was done, I gave the painting away. It was someone else's picture anyway.

Others don't understand it. But let me give it my best shot. It's the thrill of pursuing something and then finally getting it that gives us the kick.

briggs

Threads
i love BASS fishing

here is a few i caught over the summer

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 3
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 4