Export thread

Firing only one cylinder

A

alexhammer

I have a Briggs and Stratton 22 hp V-twin engine on my ztr. I was servicing my mower so I unplugged both spark plugs after I finished up I only plugged on I had forgot to plug the other. After I noticed it was not plugged I ran it for 5 minutes riding. So did this hurt the engine in any way???? besides not producing the correct horsepower

S

SeniorCitizen

I have a Briggs and Stratton 22 hp V-twin engine on my ztr. I was servicing my mower so I unplugged both spark plugs after I finished up I only plugged on I had forgot to plug the other. After I noticed it was not plugged I ran it for 5 minutes riding. So did this hurt the engine in any way???? besides not producing the correct horsepower
Your V twin will be fine. There are V 8 engines that are powered with 4 cylinders of one bank and compress natural gas with the 4 cylinders of the opposite bank.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Only damage that you can do is to the coil, if you still have spark to that plug you should be alright.

n8300n

n8300n

I have a 616 that's firing on one cylendar. It's been a solid machine. Without the engine manual I don't knowwherebto start. Anyone have the 616 manual in PDF?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

C

chance123

Your V twin will be fine. There are V 8 engines that are powered with 4 cylinders of one bank and compress natural gas with the 4 cylinders of the opposite bank.

I never heard of this before. Care to explain? 4 cylinders with natural gas, and the other 4 cylinders with what?

M

motoman

Fire is a possibility as intake charge is spewed out over the dangling spark plug connector. You escaped this so good on you.:laughing: