Export thread

finally bit the bullet 22198

exotion

exotion

After fixing my old toro for the bazillinth time and then having it break again today I decided to just go buy a new mower.

Got a toro proline 21" commercial mower 22198 with a fj180v kawi engine. I've used these before and they are beasts of machines got 300 off msrp they were making room for the new commercial toros.

Attachments

M

mechanic mark

Good deal! Let us know how she performs.

exotion

exotion

Used it all day. I put the atomic blade and mulch plug in and wow it did everything I wanted it to no problem. I challenged myself today I wanted to see if I could bog the engine down. I was going through really thick grass mulching and the engine noise never changed and it left a beautiful cut.

I used to use these machines a lot at the company I worked for its all he would ever buy and for good reason . I went in to buy a timemaster and saw this on sale and decided it would be a better investment and maybe next year ill get the timemaster or turfmaster or a 33" wide area mower (mostly what I want)

Attachments

L

LoCo86

Used it all day. I put the atomic blade and mulch plug in and wow it did everything I wanted it to no problem. I challenged myself today I wanted to see if I could bog the engine down. I was going through really thick grass mulching and the engine noise never changed and it left a beautiful cut. I used to use these machines a lot at the company I worked for its all he would ever buy and for good reason . I went in to buy a timemaster and saw this on sale and decided it would be a better investment and maybe next year ill get the timemaster or turfmaster or a 33" wide area mower (mostly what I want)

Pics look good. But how come you don't buy a hydrostatic 36" walk behind with a floating deck. Or do you just prefer the 33"?

exotion

exotion

Most of my jobs the 35" hydro would be way over kill. Probably 3 passes done kind of a deal not to mention gates and stuff I probably only would be able to really use it on a few jobs. The 33" would fit most standard gates and not be giant machine also cost effective

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Pics look great, what did you mow with in the far right photo?
I know you said you mowed with 33", but the far right pic looks like a bigger machine so that is why I was asking.

exotion

exotion

No all these are the 21" I don't own the 33" yet its the next machine I want

exotion

exotion

Day two of use perfect except on of the bolts that hold the handle to the deck disapeared? Ridiculous.. but I replaced the bolt and double checked the rest. All day mulching perfect. Going to change break in oil with 10-40 as per manual blow out air filter and sharpen blade and clean it this weekend :)