Export thread

Fastest walkbehind

D

Derek

Who makes the fastest self propelled walk behind? I am looking at a mower that claims to go just under 5 mph (7.7 kph). I tried a Toro personal pace mower and almost had to run after it at top speed, which is what i want. I have found mowers that go around 3 mph are too slow for me.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Honda mowers do 4 miles an hour. Didn't get my new Honda yet but I am getting the HRC216hxa and they claim 4....

K

KennyV

I hope whatever you get also has a slower, mid range speed... there may be times you will want to slow down to watch the grass grow... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

jmurray01

Certainly not Mountfield :laughing:

My SP414 travels at a nerve shaking 3.6KM/H, or 2.2MPH. Boy, sure is invigorating :laughing:

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

I hope whatever you get also has a slower, mid range speed... there may be times you will want to slow down to watch the grass grow... :smile:KennyV

That is why I am getting the Honda. It has a hydrostatic transmission. :biggrin:

D

Dan Klas

Ferris comfort control DD goes 6mph.. best walkbehind in my opinion

P

Paulz2821

my red hawk 36" with a 20hp motor will drag you down the street in 5th gear. i mow at 3 at a BRISK pace. i have no idea what you would ever use 5th for. i'm guessing at least 10mph.

exotion

exotion

Personal pace is my favorite, also has a 21'' 22'' and a huge 30'' the 30'' has a 8 hp engine and is un godly fast.