Extra Oil filter?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dixie is a tiny brand with a small production capacity so there is no incentive to export to OZ as we are a small market
Americans seem to like to feel they are dominating nature so will buy a 5,10,20 acre block and mow the entire block, usually with striping patterns .
Australians value our beautiful bush so on a 10 acre block it would be rare to find any more than 1 acre of lawn
In fact we are revegitating at the fastest rate of any developed country .
So no never touched a Dixie Chopper at all let alone one with a second oil filter .
In fact I don't even think there is a Dixie agent down here.
The 2 local aftermarket parts suppliers have no Dixie parts in their catalogues .
The Stens one dose list parts but I think that is because the local one is just a variation of the USA one .
And in any case we have Cox & Greenfield mowers down here both of which are a lot faster than a Dixie so they would have to find a new marketing ploy
Greenfields did not call their model the "Fast Cut " for nothing .
a lot of my commercial customers use them and many have gone back to them after trying Scags , JD's & Toros because they are in fact faster and give a much better cut .

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The one thing I like about the DC I service is the fact they have fans on each spindle to keep the grass clippings blown off the deck.

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Amszoil filter is a 1 Micro filter and filters at a slower rate than the engine oil filter. Due to the flow rate of the filter. It is a 500 hour filter give or take depending on how often the oil is changed. When we do a sevice on these mowers we take the Amszoil filter off and drain it fill it with oil and reinstall it. You can tell if it is still doing its job by holding you hand on the bottom of the filter and if it is warm to touch it is still filtering the oil. The inlet side of the filter is plumbed into the oil sending unit port and exits out the drain port of the engine. By the way it is used on both Kohler and Generac engines. Generac was an awesome engine until the epa got involved and started making manufactures meet their emission standards. Instead of revamping the engine to meet the standards Generac just started leaning down the carb.which turned out to be a disaster. It made the engine run hotter and they started droping exhaust valves. Hence Dixie Chopper and Generac parted ways.