Exmark Metro 26"

LoCo86

Threads
I own this particular mower that I bought to save time for those small residential yards of about .25 acres. And to be honest it has been the worst investment I have ever made towards equipment. For starters it's had a three speed transmission which is subpar to say the least. On top of that the mower weighs almost 170lbs. Which is a struggle to maneuver on even the flattest of yards. However it has a lot of pros such as: the quality of cut, a blade brake system and kawasaki engine just to name a few. Even though to me those are very important characteristics that I look for in a mower the negatives though short in listing strongly outweigh the positives. Which is why I believe Exmark has eliminated this mower from its product line and moved on to make the 30" walk behind to mimic its parent company Toro. If anyone ever comes across this mower with intensions of purchase I strongly advise you to go over this mower thoroughly and test it out for at least a good fifteen minutes to get a grasp of what you are showing interest in. Those short fifteen minutes might change your mind and have you walking away from the seller. Also if anyone has this mower I am interested in hearing your experience with this machine.

Exmark fan

Threads
The commercial 30 is a little heavier than the metro 26. But it did get away from the 3 speed transmission. I've used both mowers. But the new 30 gets my vote.

Threads
I own this particular mower that I bought to save time for those small residential yards of about .25 acres. And to be honest it has been the worst investment I have ever made towards equipment. For starters it's had a three speed transmission which is subpar to say the least. On top of that the mower weighs almost 170lbs. Which is a struggle to maneuver on even the flattest of yards. However it has a lot of pros such as: the quality of cut, a blade brake system and kawasaki engine just to name a few. Even though to me those are very important characteristics that I look for in a mower the negatives though short in listing strongly outweigh the positives. Which is why I believe Exmark has eliminated this mower from its product line and moved on to make the 30" walk behind to mimic its parent company Toro. If anyone ever comes across this mower with intensions of purchase I strongly advise you to go over this mower thoroughly and test it out for at least a good fifteen minutes to get a grasp of what you are showing interest in. Those short fifteen minutes might change your mind and have you walking away from the seller. Also if anyone has this mower I am interested in hearing your experience with this machine.

I demoed this mower last year. I agree with you! Too darn heavy and hard to turn around. I liked the BBC but the engine seemed a bit underpowered at times (I mulched). And the cut was just OK. I totally agree with you....not everyone will like this mower! That is why they stopped making them I believe. The Commercial 30 is supposed to be more compact, but it still ways more than the 26! :rolleyes:

Exmark Metro 26.jpg

LoCo86

Threads
I agree with it being under powered. The kawasaki engine is a good engine just not the one for this mower. You're right about the cut when mulching, however when bagging your clippings the cut is great. Lawn mower fanatic I have read that you really like your Honda mowers. How is the performance when it comes to mulching and bagging if you have any experience using the bagging attachment? I currently use the Toro Recycler and love it when the engine is working that is. I have the Toro ( Tecumseh ) engine on it. If it wasn't for the engine I'd give it 5 stars. They do make a version with a Honda engine that I'm looking at but I'm in a toss up between Toro and Honda. If you could give me a review of your Honda mowers performance and how it handles different mowing situations such as: mulching, bagging, mowing wet grass, etc...

Threads
I agree with it being under powered. The kawasaki engine is a good engine just not the one for this mower. You're right about the cut when mulching, however when bagging your clippings the cut is great. Lawn mower fanatic I have read that you really like your Honda mowers. How is the performance when it comes to mulching and bagging if you have any experience using the bagging attachment? I currently use the Toro Recycler and love it when the engine is working that is. I have the Toro ( Tecumseh ) engine on it. If it wasn't for the engine I'd give it 5 stars. They do make a version with a Honda engine that I'm looking at but I'm in a toss up between Toro and Honda. If you could give me a review of your Honda mowers performance and how it handles different mowing situations such as: mulching, bagging, mowing wet grass, etc...

Yeah and the same Kawasaki engine is on the Commercial 30 so I wouldn't think it would be much better! :confused2: To give you an example of how good the Honda is while mulching, I read a review somewhere that said something like,

"I tried to use the Commercial 30 (or maybe it was the Toro Turfmaster) in wet grass, and it didn't work well at all! I had to resort back to my 21" Honda."

The Honda HRX is great at mulching, and it is great at bagging, also. Of course if you try to cut off a lot of wet, lush grass, it will clump, but I can mow regular-height grass that's wet from dew and it works great! Bagging results in a great cut, also, and the bag can fill up so tightly. Here is my general review of this mower....check it out, and PLEASE ask if you have any more questions. :smile: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/honda-forum/16238-review-my-honda-hrx217hya.html