Export thread

Exmark let me down today

Mike88se

Mike88se

Danged traction cable broke. That thing is thick... wondering how it broke. $45 including shipping... damn :eek:
Even worse... the blade brake clutch keeps slipping out of engagement. Hoping thats a cable adjustment or some easy fix. The control part is pricey and so is a clutch. Never had a clutch go out on a mower before. I suppose it can start slipping before it goes out like a clutch in a car?

Mike88se

Mike88se

FWIW the bbc cable just needed some adjusting. Still waiting on the traction cable but had to rig up a cable today to do some mowing.

exotion

exotion

Commercial machines come with commercial repairs parts are expensive ... Good thing you fixed the BBC and were able to rig up something that makes it work

Mike88se

Mike88se

Commercial machines come with commercial repairs parts are expensive ... Good thing you fixed the BBC and were able to rig up something that makes it work

I guess so. Yep I was happy that bbc was an easy fix. Hope this rigged up cable gets me through today. As thick as that cable is I don't see how it broke. Its at least twice as thick as any other cable I've replaced...
Not looking forward to cutting 1.5 acres with a 21 even if it is fast ;) Be glad when the new cable gets here.
Oh hey check the Dallas CL if you get a chance. Guy there selling several Toro's with Suzuki engines.