exmark lazer z blown 18hp so i put a 15hp on it(kohler)

kawasakitommy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / exmark lazer z blown 18hp so i put a 15hp on it(kohler)
i got a lazer z exmark zero turn and i blew up the 18hp kolr engine and am trying to get a 15hp holr engine to work on it. my problem is the fuel pump the 18hp had one that screwed into the side of the motor and had an arm that went inside the engine and worked off the cam shaft i imagine. well the 15hp dont have a whole in the side of the motor like the 18 did so i bought a fuel pump that has the three plugs on it and am trying to get it to work off the valve cover hose but its not working properly it wont shoot gas out??

chance123

Threads
You have your work cut out for you. Assuming that the new engine mounts on the frame, and the crank length and OD is OK, The wiring harness will also have to be modified.

After re-reading your post, you stated " my problem is the fuel pump the 18hp had one that screwed into the side of the motor and had an arm that went inside the engine and worked off the cam shaft i"
The Lazer Z's had an electric fuel pump. Some were under the seat, and some were down on the right side on the frame near the engine.

scott47429

Threads
you could just go to a parts store buy a low pressure electric pump and solve the gas problem but the wiring problem will take some work