Engine cut out

Threads
It sounds like the problem is in the plug itself. It could be shorted out within the plug. Cut the wires before the plug, instal a new plug. The solenoid either works or dosent. when you repair the wires and plug, remove the solenoid from the carb and watch the nedle valve on the end of the solenoid. When you turn the key to run position the needle should be pulled back within the solenoid to allow fuel into the carb. If the needle dosen't move when you put your key in start position you need a new solenoid too. I hope this helps you, Pete

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would install a 1 amp inline fuse on that circuit. Then figure out why there is excessive draw on it. Bad carb solenoid is an easy fix.

Don't need a mower fire.

Mojoboots

Threads
Mower was running, quit suddenly running and started smoking from this part. ( see photo) View attachment 66578View attachment 66578View attachment 66578Turned key to off and pulled the plug out of this part whatever it is and it quit smoking. Haven’t try to start it in fear of making it worse. What am I dealing with here? Thanks in advance, I’m not mechanical at all! I change air filter and engine oil regularly however.
Problem resolved. Replaced solenoid and cable with new. Problem appeared to be in the solenoid itself.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I appreciate you coming back with a fix action. Nice work sir.