Encore 17 hp Kawasaki question.

coinman66

Threads
My Encore Z42 has 330 hrs on it and probably due for valve adjustments. Anybody have in experience at this? Engine model is the Kawasaki 17 hp 500FHV.
Thanks

coinman66

Threads
If it isn't broke leave it alone.

That's kinda what im thinking. Lol. Think I may take carb off and clean and rebuild. Running a little rough due to varnish on needle valve I believe.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's kinda what im thinking. Lol. Think I may take carb off and clean and rebuild. Running a little rough due to varnish on needle valve I believe.

If you haven't all ready done so maybe try all new filters and a spark plug first. Just when is it running rough? More then varnish on the needle valve I would think, it would be partial plugged high speed jet inside the carburetor for rough running.

coinman66

Threads
If you haven't all ready done so maybe try all new filters and a spark plug first. Just when is it running rough? More then varnish on the needle valve I would think, it would be partial plugged high speed jet inside the carburetor for rough running.

How hard is to change high speed jet? Has new filters and plugs. Can I dip carb in gallon of Berryman cleaner for an hour?
Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
How hard is to change high speed jet? Has new filters and plugs. Can I dip carb in gallon of Berryman cleaner for an hour?
Thanks

All the high speed jet would need is a cleaning. If you were to go that far invest in a rebuild kit which includes all new gaskets and a new needle valve. I don't know what Berryman cleaner is but it sure sound good to me. After the dipping blow out everything with a aerosol can of carburetor cleaner and compressed air. You should be good to go. If the carburetor is really dirty inside dip it overnight instead of only one hour.

coinman66

Threads
All the high speed jet would need is a cleaning. If you were to go that far invest in a rebuild kit which includes all new gaskets and a new needle valve. I don't know what Berryman cleaner is but it sure sound good to me. After the dipping blow out everything with a aerosol can of carburetor cleaner and compressed air. You should be good to go. If the carburetor is really dirty inside dip it overnight instead of only one hour.

Will give it a shot. Thank u for your time and information.