Electricial problem

joepic735

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husquavana YTH2348 and I can't keep a battery in it. Two new lawn batterys in 3 months. Is there a charging system on this model? Tractor will not run without 12 volts. Thanks

Mikel1

Threads
What is the voltage while running at the battery?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Husquavana YTH2348 and I can't keep a battery in it. Two new lawn batterys in 3 months. Is there a charging system on this model? Tractor will not run without 12 volts. Thanks

Yes, there is a charging system on that model.

Purchase, borrow or rent a multimeter and do some testing. With the engine off, check the volts across the + and - battery posts. Record that number. Now start the engine and check the volts across the + and - battery posts again. Report back your findings to the forum.

joepic735

Forum Newbie
Threads
Battery has 12.1 volts and engine will not start without a jump. This is the second battery in 3 months.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, so don't start it but take the battery out and have it load tested. Many automotive supply stores do it for free.

joepic735

Forum Newbie
Threads
Two hours ago when I started battery was 12.1 volts, put on charger for two hours, now 9.9volts. Battery load tester conforms it is bad. Will replace again with different brand. Is this a case of bad batteries or do I have a bad charging system on my lawn tractor ? Thanks for the info.