Export thread

Electric ZTR there IS one...

K

KennyV

I spoke too soon.
There actually is one, and it is made here in Kansas.
Hustler Zeon - World's First Electric Zero-Turn Mower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XESusg8H8
amazing... KennyV:smile:

N

noma

KennyV

Hay that's pretty kool never see one like that before , wonder how well they actucal work, if they hold a charge to mow a few acer. Looks good i would be willing to try one. Wonder what the cost of them is?

I

indypower

80 mins run time, 1.4 acres on a single charge, $6500. Sounds like it is worth keeping an eye on.

K

KennyV

I was at the airport yesterday and they had one displayed... Looks very nice and had some literature with it. See the attached pictures... Looks very practical. :wink:
KennyV

Attachments

Semiretired

Semiretired

I would have thought that the noise level difference over a gasser would be a lot more than just 34%. Good idea, though, especially for those who live in subdivisions where you'll get a certified letter in the mail if your mower makes too much noise (or you're sidings the wrong color, or your dog barks, or you install a flag pole,or park your r.v. in your drive, etc., etc.)

B

bruce0777

I never thought I would see a electric mower that could run for so long 80 minutes WOW! Thanks for posting this informational

B

Bethieboo

Wow, now there is a way to be green while keeping your lawn green! The run time per charge sounds fantastic too. Seems like there are a lot of pros for this mower!

R

robert

The noise is very low compared to gassers, the run time is respectable but while the zeon can tow pretty much what every other ztr can I could get no info on how long it would run pulling a leaf vac so I passed on buying one, which was going for 5k super special deal which I think is still going on.

A real strong rumor is that Hustler has some sort of accessory which is going to either extend run time alot or shorten charging by an awful lot....