Export thread

Electric or Gas Powered

BGC

BGC

Which snowblower would you prefer an electric or gas powered? Do you worry about getting a big shock? The only complaint I have about a gas powered blower is warming it up.

D

dcgrazier

I think an electric blower would be a pain. The pain part is the electric cord. Electric cords are always in the way or getting tangled on some object. I like the freedom of a gas powered machine. I can go where ever I want to go without worrying about a cord. I also do the neighbors walks and driveways and I can just go from one the next without any restraints. I also like to hear the engine purr and hear the governor open up under load.

N

noma

Dcgrazier

I think a lot depends what size the blower is, don't think you can get a two stage snow blower with electric ,i think it must be gas.The snow blower that are electric are called snow thrower and not snow blower. And yes i perfear the gas one a lot easyer to use and you can blow a lot bigger drifts.I have a snapper 30 cut 10 hp tecumbus engine this thing works great start every time in one or two pulls. Bought it new in 1984 used it commerically for a few years had snow blowing & lawn mowing service.:licking:

I

indypower

For the amount of snow we get and the size of my drive way, an electric snowblower would be useless. It takes me 2 hours to snowblow my driveway & sidewalk with my 8 hp 34" cut MTD gas powered snowblower.

P

Pika

If I lived where I needed a snow blower, I would definitely prefer gas. Even though you have to buy gas and live with exhaust, I just think it would serve better than electric on something as heavy as snow.

demhustler

demhustler

110v x 15 amps (regular household power outlet) = 1650 w = 1.65kw = 2.21 hp (100% efficiency)