Efm Engines

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone have information on efm engines. As I understand it efm in this context is for electronic fuel management. Google is mostly advertisements.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What brand do you have in mind?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does anyone have information on efm engines. As I understand it efm in this context is for electronic fuel management. Google is mostly advertisements.

Just something I haven't seen it in mowers. The new motorcycle are starting to come out with EFI. I guess my question is what is the different between EFM and EFI? EFI electronic fuel injection.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Possibly a combo fuel/ignition computer module.....

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It was mentioned here on the forum and just curious if it was something I needed to know on a future purchase. I've had it with carburetors and I doubt if I'm alone. If it is something similar to throttle body fuel injection from back in the 80s I'd sure be willing to try it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It was mentioned here on the forum and just curious if it was something I needed to know on a future purchase. I've had it with carburetors and I doubt if I'm alone. If it is something similar to throttle body fuel injection from back in the 80s I'd sure be willing to try it.

Throttle body injection is the pinicle of suck....... I'll take carb over that any day. A efi system wouldn't be all that hard this day and age I'm surprised they haven't done it yet. They can make microchips and computers so small anymore I mean the size of a smart phone without the screen would be cheap and easy all it would have to do is read air fuel mixtures with a couple basic sensors and adjust accordingly.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you are saying electronic fuel management I am thinking back when I was working on cars with the electronic carburetors ?? Is this what you are talking about? Or fuel injection. Those were the days when you just couldn't get a car to run right as I recall.