Export thread

Echo srm 225

Z

zachb91

I bought this echo cause it was affordable. 199.99 plus 5 year warranty with it. I've had it 6 months now and all I can say about it is I love it. I've knocked down 3 ft tall grass with it I've ran it for 6 hours strait. Have not had 1 problem with it.

Carscw

Carscw

I agree they are well worth the money.

jekjr

jekjr

We switched to Echo products in 2014 and have not looked back. Everything we have bought or replaced we did with Echo. I have had some products that we had issues with but overall it has been a great experience. I have 2 PAS 225 units and 2 PAS 266 units. I also have a regular 266 SRM I think it is. I tried a PAS 280 unit and could not get it to run and finally my dealer gave me another one in its place and it would not run either. Not sure to this day why not. My dealer too care of me on a trade in to get rid of it. I also have two hand held blowers and a 760 I think the number is back pack blower as well as a 590 Timberwolf chainsaw and two sets of hedge trimmers. So far my overall Echo experience has been great.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

I have Stihl and Echo. The srm-225 is alright, but it has a very picky carb and doesn't have much power.

The one I just love is the KM94. It's light, very well balanced and quite strong.

Z

zmister11

I have E the 225 also as my backup trimmer . I love using on my big accounts because it's so much lighter then my Stihl fs 90. The only problem I have is I have to use it every other yard. It doesn't want to start back up till it cools down I guess. It's like 2 years old.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Sometimes I have that issue. Run it too hard and it won't want to start. Next morning it's fine.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

I only have 1 echo product SRM 265U weedeater bought it bc a employee wanted it .I hate it. My go to is Husqvarna and Maruyama

Z

zmister11

Sometimes I have that issue. Run it too hard and it won't want to start. Next morning it's fine.

Yeah mine is always fine the next day also. It's strange

Z

zmister11

I only have 1 echo product SRM 265U weedeater bought it bc a employee wanted it .I hate it. My go to is Husqvarna and Maruyama

When I bought my stander last year they gave me a free husqavarna trimmer. Idk the model number but it's super light as well. But I think it needs a carb cleaning. It doesn't want to stay running

Carscw

Carscw

I have a old gray echo edger. Starts first pull every time. I don't even know if I can move the choke lever. Been using it every day since I got for $40 two years ago.

Z

zmister11

I have a old gray echo edger. Starts first pull every time. I don't even know if I can move the choke lever. Been using it every day since I got for $40 two years ago.

Dang thats cool! When did they stop making the gray echos?

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

I think the grey echos ended either late '90s or very early 2000s. I bought my SRM2100 new in 1998 and as I remember it wasn't long until they weren't great anymore. The other echos I've procured since then are all grey of similar mid-90s vintage.

To the original poster: besides the 5 year warranty, the coil pack is Lifetime warranty. Just an FYI.

I can't complain about my Shin T235.

Z

zachb91

Didn't know about the coil pack being liftime. I was looking at stihl before I bought the echo. But the dealer had both an told me echo has the better weedeaters and stihl has better chainsaws. What made my mind up though is my dad bought a new echo 265 about 10 years ago and that thing still runs no problems. It's just to heavy for my fiancé to use it.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Ok you echo fans what do you think of this! I've got it down to 100$ he claims its 1 year old and less than 20 hours. My wife wants a light weight trimmer to use around the house. https://shreveport.craigslist.org/grd/5781550815.html

Z

zmister11

Ok you echo fans what do you think of this! I've got it down to 100$ he claims its 1 year old and less than 20 hours. My wife wants a light weight trimmer to use around the house. https://shreveport.craigslist.org/grd/5781550815.html

I personally wouldn't do it. That's an old echo, and I would rather pay an extra $100 for a brand new one. Just my opinion though!

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Ok thanks echo isn't my go to .I know very little about them .

Carscw

Carscw

I would buy it. It will out last any new echo.
I run one but a edger starts first pull no choke or prime. Know a guy has one been running it for years. Trouble free.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Back when they were good! The orange ones suck!

Mines' Red :laughing:

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Me to and I hate it. Always something wrong with it.