Export thread

Echo Pb265L

R

rescuer

I am new here and I have an echo PB265L blower and it has ran great for 2 years. Now it will not stay running except with choke in cold start position. If I move the choke to run it shuts off like it is out of fuel. I have replaced the fuel vent, fuel filter and rebuilt the carb. cleaned one screen which is all I saw. plug is new and set properly.removed spark arrester, cleaned and reinstalled.(was not plugged)After all the work it still does exactly what it did before I started. Any ideas what I should check next. Thanks for any suggestions.

M

mechanic mark

Are you using Echo 2-cycle oil & high test gas? The reason I asked is that I have 2 Echo blowers & always use Echo 2-cycle oil & 93 octane gas with no problems. I use 93 octane in all outdoor power equipment.

http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/4428a405-09bd-45f6-863b-f7aab5f11078/PB265Les1112_011812.pdf see page 22 & check air filter for replacement.

R

rescuer

I am using echo oil but 89 octane fuel. What I have used for 2 years.I will change if it will help.

R

Rivets

How did you clean the carb when you rebuilt it? Ultrasonicly, dip tank or just spray with carb cleaner. Passageways in those carbs are so small, I say that instead of having passageways they now have hairline cracks, just spraying them will not help much. If you don't have access to an ultrasonic cleaner or dip tank, I recommend replacing the carb, some of them are very cheap. Also, did you check the fuel line for cracks or pinholes?

R

rescuer

just removed it, stripped it and put in carb dip tank. will reassemble tomorrow.Thanks

R

richthelawnguy

I have a question how long will my spindles last on my cub cadet lt1050 if they're are 8 years old

R

rescuer

reassembled this morning. Started on second pull, full speed no problem. Soaking must have opened up something. Thanks for the help.

shacky

shacky

B

bperry

Yes that is the one. I would recommend you get a carb dip gallon can from advance or auto zone.