Echo PB-255LN

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Return it go get an older one ive used this model and it does not produce the power at all, i would almost rather have a homelight model.:thumbdown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Return it go get an older one ive used this model and it does not produce the power at all, i would almost rather have a homelight model.:thumbdown:

I think it probably produces all the power it supposed to for a hand held unit. Depending on what he is using the unit for it may be all that he needs. As far as the rather have a home-lite model, I've used a couple of those when I started out and they worked very well. :laughing:

Threads
I think it probably produces all the power it supposed to for a hand held unit. Depending on what he is using the unit for it may be all that he needs.
Yes, I think it is very powerful for a handheld unit! :thumbsup:

MowerMike

Threads
I bought a PB-250LN a month ago at Home Depot, and my choice was based on its very low 65 db(A) noise level. It's way below the level that would require ear protection and subjectively it's no louder than the Honda GCV160 engine on my Husqvarna 7021P lawn mower. It's also as quiet as any handheld 4-stroke engined blower out there, but lighter and more powerful. It's actually the first 2-stroke powered lawn tool I've ever owned, and a far cry from the noisy, smokey and smelly 2-stroke MX bikes I used to own. I'm running Trufuel 50:1 premix in it to avoid issues with ethanol and low grade gas. So far it's been a 3-pull start with it (2 choke + 1 no choke) and a 1-pull once warmed up. For me the power is more than adequate, and light years better than my battery powered blowers, which are just good for light cleanup after mowing. My only complaint is that it vibrates throughout the speed range, which I find fatiguing. Kinda reminds me of my old Harley Sportster, which has a rigidly mounted engine. For me it's definitely a thumbs up.

Threads
I bought a PB-250LN a month ago at Home Depot, and my choice was based on its very low 65 db(A) noise level. It's way below the level that would require ear protection and subjectively it's no louder than the Honda GCV160 engine on my Husqvarna 7021P lawn mower. It's also as quiet as any handheld 4-stroke engined blower out there, but lighter and more powerful. It's actually the first 2-stroke powered lawn tool I've ever owned, and a far cry from the noisy, smokey and smelly 2-stroke MX bikes I used to own. I'm running Trufuel 50:1 premix in it to avoid issues with ethanol and low grade gas. So far it's been a 3-pull start with it (2 choke + 1 no choke) and a 1-pull once warmed up. For me the power is more than adequate, and light years better than my battery powered blowers, which are just good for light cleanup after mowing. My only complaint is that it vibrates throughout the speed range, which I find fatiguing. Kinda reminds me of my old Harley Sportster, which has a rigidly mounted engine. For me it's definitely a thumbs up.

I agree, it is great! When I was looking for a blower I couldn't decide between the Echo PD-250LN and the PB-255LN. I decided on the 255LN because of many reasons:
1. It has the rubber grip on the handle.
2. It has the extra handle on the bottom to hold it with if your arm gets tired.
3. It had the flared end pipe for increased power. I know you could get the flared end pipe for the 250LN, but since the 255LN was just $30 more expensive, I decided on the 255LN, and I don't regret it! :thumbsup:

***MowerMike: You should join the Echo Owner's group!