Echo in Home Depot

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah all 23 lbs of it.

Weight in a machine doesn't bother me. I figure it'll just make me stronger :) I would like a edger that is capable of cutting the first edge on a new customer without issues sometimes the edge is 5+ years over grown and I am basically cutting 12" of sod off the sidewalk 3-5" deep

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Weight in a machine doesn't bother me. I figure it'll just make me stronger :) I would like a edger that is capable of cutting the first edge on a new customer without issues sometimes the edge is 5+ years over grown and I am basically cutting 12" of sod off the sidewalk 3-5" deep

We run the 280 power head on our edger and it does the job. We have not run into any place it did not do what was needed. I totally agree that the 225 is definately underpowered to pull an edger.

The guys working for me will also run the 280 with the string trimmer before they run the 225. They like the more power that it delivers. I normally run the 225 if I run one. It does a good job however it is not as strong as I would like it to be. We use the 225 on the pole saw attachment and it seems to do the job there.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We run the 280 power head on our edger and it does the job. We have not run into any place it did not do what was needed. I totally agree that the 225 is definately underpowered to pull an edger.

The guys working for me will also run the 280 with the string trimmer before they run the 225. They like the more power that it delivers. I normally run the 225 if I run one. It does a good job however it is not as strong as I would like it to be. We use the 225 on the pole saw attachment and it seems to do the job there.

I was referring to the BRD 280 not the SRM 280 and the BRD 280 power wise is very under powered and it runs the 28.1cc engine. If you have an existing bed it does a fairly nice job but anything else it just doesn't have the power needed. I can tell you for sure ity wasn't worth the money I paid and it was a very disappointing purchase.

LoCo86

Threads

Look at the FS130. Best power to weight ratio that Stihl offers. Plenty of power for an edger, pole saw, bed redefiner, string trimmer, 135 degree hedge trimmer, and a brush blade. I know cause I use all of these and never had it slow down except when I weedeat fence rows where the grass is about 3 feet tall.

LoCo86

Threads
I was referring to the BRD 280 not the SRM 280 and the BRD 280 power wise is very under powered and it runs the 28.1cc engine. If you have an existing bed it does a fairly nice job but anything else it just doesn't have the power needed. I can tell you for sure ity wasn't worth the money I paid and it was a very disappointing purchase.

Stihl offers a bed redefiner. The only problem with it is that it builds up dirt on the guard. Other that that it does a good job.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I wonder this all the time....some people say they are; some say they aren't....but one thing we can agree on is you should purchase it from a dealer because they service what they sell. :thumbsup:

And the dealers know way more about the product.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stihl offers a bed redefiner. The only problem with it is that it builds up dirt on the guard. Other that that it does a good job.

They both Stihl and Echo will build up dirt in the guard, the big problem with the Stihl Bed Redefiner is only way you can get it is as an attachment for the Kombi-system.