ECHO BLOWER COMPARISON

Threads
Keep both with you and use the one you feel is easier for the task your doing

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

The thing is since I primarily do houses in my neighborhood I just push the mower, blower, etc. to each house, so the less I carry the better. But the good thing about a backpack blower is, well, it goes on your back, so you can have 2 hands free to hold other things while you are going to a house.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This past Monday and Tuesday I had to do 82 hud homes none of the yards needed to be cut but were covered in leaves. We have to remove them can not leave a pile any where and don't have space on my trailer to carry them all.

I just mulched them with my MTD rider
Some yards were so thick I would just push up piles with the deck up. When done you would never know there were leaves there.

So why don't you just mulch and not take all that time to blow into a pile them move the pile ?????

Threads
This past Monday and Tuesday I had to do 82 hud homes none of the yards needed to be cut but were covered in leaves. We have to remove them can not leave a pile any where and don't have space on my trailer to carry them all.

I just mulched them with my MTD rider
Some yards were so thick I would just push up piles with the deck up. When done you would never know there were leaves there.

So why don't you just mulch and not take all that time to blow into a pile them move the pile ?????

Well for all but one yard I just bag the leaves, I don't take the time to put them into a pile, move it, etc. But for the one I have to. But for all the yards the leaves are too thick to mulch them, they would just be smaller pieces, still really visible.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a good point. In the spring and summer I really don't need one but now in the fall I use it for leaf clean-up...would it make it any faster?

It would make it a lot faster with the backpack, but just a word of advice stay away from the hip mounted throttle blowers.

Threads
It would make it a lot faster with the backpack, but just a word of advice stay away from the hip mounted throttle blowers.

OK...Why? And so that means the tube-mounted throttle blowers are the ones you want, correct?

slammed

Threads
I am looking into maybe getting an Echo backpack blower this winter. But from what I see on the website, I don't think I would be gaining much by getting one of the "beginner" ones (and I don't want to spend a lot of $$$$$) . I currently have an Echo PB-255LN handheld blower (see its specs here: ECHO PB-255 Easy Starting Low Noise Handheld Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA). I was looking at getting the PB-265L (ECHO PB-265L Low Noise Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA) or if necessary the PB-500H (ECHO PB-500H Emission-Compliant Hip-Mounted Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA). Are there any advantages to getting one of those backpack blowers other than an increased amount of gas it can hold?? I don't see much air speed difference. Would it be worth it??

I would get the PB-500H it is worth the extra money and you can us the handheld for a backup.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK...Why? And so that means the tube-mounted throttle blowers are the ones you want, correct?

Yes the Tube mounted throttle is the one to get. IMO having control of the throttle and tube in one hand is a lot more efficient and a lot easier to use. If your looking for a blower for leaves and you want the Echo the 755ST or the 770T I think is the way to go. Personally I'd go with Stihl, the 550 or 600 magnum because I like the 4 mix units.