E10 fuel winter time

quintain

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is a good but hopefully inexpensive fuel stabilizer.

I use a 5 gallon (?? 9 litre) petrol can which i fill up when needed and use it for a small number of machines I.E. brush cutter, garden whip and hedge cutter and now my Mountfield 827M ride on mower.

What are your recommendations about fuel stabilizer for the E10 petrol in my 5 gall can.

I will be turning the petrol valve to off and running the mower until it runs out of fuel before I put it into winter storage

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've never used any of those products with E-10 but occasionally drive the lawn tractor to the mail box . Those not used occasionally get drained . Pure gas gets old too .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just be aware with E10 especially you can develop carb ice below 40F if high moisture in the air. But even using regular fuel can get carb icing below 40F. Using stabilizer will not prevent this problem. Using winter fuel helps somewhat. But in the Spring winter causes problems of it own with fuel actually trying boil in heated fuel lines.

GearHead36

Threads
Or you could remove the ethanol from a gallon or two, and use it just for winter storage.

See this video.