Export thread

E-mail Notification

R

Rivets

i bring it up again, when are the administrators of this forum going to address the problem with the instant E-mail notification. I have set up my account multiple ways, but never receive any notices that I have a PM or relpy to a thread. For those of us trying to help people, but don't have the time to log in and scroll through forums, it would sure be handy if it came back. I am sure that some posters are upset with me, because I never post back in a timely manner to their questions, because I don't have time to scroll around. I have posted this before, but never have seen a reply from admin that they are working on it. Any administrator care to reply?

Ric

Ric

i bring it up again, when are the administrators of this forum going to address the problem with the instant E-mail notification. I have set up my account multiple ways, but never receive any notices that I have a PM or relpy to a thread. For those of us trying to help people, but don't have the time to log in and scroll through forums, it would sure be handy if it came back. I am sure that some posters are upset with me, because I never post back in a timely manner to their questions, because I don't have time to scroll around. I have posted this before, but never have seen a reply from admin that they are working on it. Any administrator care to reply?

I don't understand why your having a problem with E mail notifications. I just check my email and I have 61 messages and better than 40 are replys from LMF. I'm using a Yahoo email address through Mozilla and I'm getting all my emails from LMF with instant E-mail notification.

Ric

Ric

Are you using the Lawn World or Old school LMF style format and where do you have your Editor set??

R

Rivets

Using new Lawn World, editor set at instant notification. Last time I brought this up all of a sudden I received three months of notification on the same day and then nothing after that. Seems to me every time I call out someone, my notifications stop. I mainly use my IPad, but there are no nofification on my computer either. Not in junk mail. Guess I'll have to live with it, but I'm going to blasting Admins if something can't be done soon. This is making me look very inconsiderate, because I miss so many posts. If the Admin has to go into my account to fix it, go ahead.

Ric

Ric

Using new Lawn World, editor set at instant notification. Last time I brought this up all of a sudden I received three months of notification on the same day and then nothing after that. Seems to me every time I call out someone, my notifications stop. I mainly use my IPad, but there are no nofification on my computer either. Not in junk mail. Guess I'll have to live with it, but I'm going to blasting Admins if something can't be done soon. This is making me look very inconsiderate, because I miss so many posts. If the Admin has to go into my account to fix it, go ahead.

Go to your general settings and go down to Miscellaneous options and try setting your editor on WYSIWYG.

R

Rivets

That's what it is set on.

Ric

Ric

That's what it is set on.

When you go to the New post button to view the new stuff are there green dots with a check in the middle next to a tag where you have responded to a thread or post, those should be your subscriptions and you may want to check your subscription folder and see if there is any thing there.

R

Rivets

If I go to New Posts, it does tell me if there are any new posts to subscribed threads. But this means I must log in. E-mail notification means I can see if I need to check the forum without logging in. Much faster and easier for me.

exotion

exotion

You said you use an iPad why not try the app I bet you will like it

I thought I was the only one NOT getting any replies. And my settings (I believe) are correct..

Well, I did get 2 notices, 1 when I joined.. Then nothing till someone replied on the Best Mower for under $8500. And I only got 1 reply from that..

R

Rivets

App is not the problem, as I have the same settings on my main computer. Maybe I'll get a reply from the Admins today.

Ric

Ric

I thought I was the only one NOT getting any replies. And my settings (I believe) are correct..

Well, I did get 2 notices, 1 when I joined.. Then nothing till someone replied on the Best Mower for under $8500. And I only got 1 reply from that..

Go MY Home in the navigation bar and click. then go to My Subscriptions and see what you have under that. That should be what your going to receive mail for . Make sure you have everything under General settings marked.

Go MY Home in the navigation bar and click. then go to My Subscriptions and see what you have under that. That should be what your going to receive mail for . Make sure you have everything under General settings marked.

Yes, checked as you suggested, every thread I posted in is listed.

And my settings are correct, still no email. But I have given up on that. I just click new posts since last visit.

Rivets- Sorry man, not trying to sidetrack your thread.

R

Rivets

Not a problem, I'd like to know how many members have this problem? Don't know if the Admin is looking into it, but I'll keep trying to get them to solve it.

R

Rivets

Is there an administrator out there who will at least reply to to this thread. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I can fix just about any engine and I would hope that you would at least let me know you're looking into this problem. Your silence has me wondering whether you care about your members. Rivets

M

Muhammad

I've moved this thread to the site discussion forum. I will look into the issue soon. Thanks.

R

Rivets

Thank you, I'll be watching and waiting.

X-man

X-man

I've been having the same issue... Getting tired myself of missing replies because I myself don't have the time to scroll through the forums. Without the emails, I actually tend to forget about them.

Still nothing here either. This is the only forum I have this issue.

R

Rivets

Muhammad, it's been two weeks and I'm still not receiving notifications. Have you found out anything? We're waiting for a resolution.

X-man

X-man

Muhammad, it's been two weeks and I'm still not receiving notifications. Have you found out anything? We're waiting for a resolution.

I got an email notification for that reply, if that means anything. :/

"0" here.

Carscw

Carscw

I started getting email notifications today.

How do I shut this crap off?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Ric

I started getting email notifications today.

How do I shut this crap off?

Go to your general settings and you can shut it down there

gfp55

gfp55

Yes, checked as you suggested, every thread I posted in is listed.

And my settings are correct, still no email. But I have given up on that. I just click new posts since last visit.

Rivets- Sorry man, not trying to sidetrack your thread.
I have the same problems, I gave up on all that sh==

Ric

Ric

I have the same problems, I gave up on all that sh==

I get all kinds of email notifications and I get them on three different computers. Your last post to this thread was at 11:54 and I received it at 11:59 can't get it much faster than that.

R

Rivets

I haven't received a notification in 6 months. I understand that they are not liked by everyone, but I my case it would sure be nice to have them again. Maybe Santa will give them to me for Christmas, I put it on my list.

Still "0" here..

Ric

Ric

I haven't received a notification in 6 months. I understand that they are not liked by everyone, but I my case it would sure be nice to have them again. Maybe Santa will give them to me for Christmas, I put it on my list.

Do either of you receive any pm messaging or other emails at the address your using for the forum?

R

Rivets

I do receive PM's but no notification that they are there until I log in.

Ric

Ric

I do receive PM's but no notification that they are there until I log in.

Did you receive the email I sent you this morning?

R

Rivets

No, and I just checked my profile and the email address is correct.

Ric

Ric

No, and I just checked my profile and the email address is correct.

This is just a suggestion but if you have another Email Address you can use you may want to try changing it over. If not you may want to create another, maybe a G mail account and address and try it.

R

Rivets

Ric, I can fix most engines, but what you suggest would drive me nuts. I understand what you want me to do, but this old fart has enough problems using this technology. I don't want to sound like Fish, but I have to laugh at that suggestion in my case. Are you trying to drive me off this forum, I'm only kidding, but if it ain't bookmarked I would loose or forget it. Thank you for trying to help.

Carscw

Carscw

Ric, I can fix most engines, but what you suggest would drive me nuts. I understand what you want me to do, but this old fart has enough problems using this technology. I don't want to sound like Fish, but I have to laugh at that suggestion in my case. Are you trying to drive me off this forum, I'm only kidding, but if it ain't bookmarked I would loose or forget it. Thank you for trying to help.

Don't feel bad I do not even know my password.

Ric

Ric

What I'm suggesting is that you just try a different email address here. I'm thinking that the host you are using maybe the problem and changing your email with them may help. I use three different Address on AOL, a couple on Google and a couple on Yahoo and I find my Yahoo email works the best for me, my Aol is slower than molasses in January and I don't get half what I should.

R

Rivets

Ric, I understand what you are suggesting, but doubt it will help. I am not the only one on this forum with the problem. Why should I change when the problem is on the other end. Someone must be looking into the problem, as I see other members have started receiving them who don't want them. A year ago they solved the problem for a short period of time, hopefully they can do it again. Don't have the problem on other sites I subscribe to.

R

Rivets

I'm back, still no emails. Muhammad, in November you said you would look into it soon. What's happening? Is it because I'm not scared to speak my piece? If that's it, I'll try to play nice, but it sure seems you don't care.

exotion

exotion

I'm back, still no emails. Muhammad, in November you said you would look into it soon. What's happening? Is it because I'm not scared to speak my piece? If that's it, I'll try to play nice, but it sure seems you don't care.

I think the problem is to localized, your the only one (at least that Cates or speaks up) that's having this problem. It has to be a setting either in your forum settings or your email settings.

X-man

X-man

I think the problem is to localized, your the only one (at least that Cates or speaks up) that's having this problem. It has to be a setting either in your forum settings or your email settings.

I agree. I've been getting emails again, no issues.

R

Rivets

Don't understand why it would be my problem? I have set LWF as a contact in my emails and I have also checked all my setting, which say I should get instant notification by email. Not much more I can do on my end. I have no problem with other forum I subscribe to. When I joined this forum I didn't have the problem, but that was before I started to call a spade a spade. I personally think this is a way they feel they can control me, but I will continue to push to receive what is due me as a member.

exotion

exotion

Don't understand why it would be my problem? I have set LWF as a contact in my emails and I have also checked all my setting, which say I should get instant notification by email. Not much more I can do on my end. I have no problem with other forum I subscribe to. When I joined this forum I didn't have the problem, but that was before I started to call a spade a spade. I personally think this is a way they feel they can control me, but I will continue to push to receive what is due me as a member.

Doubt there is a conspiracy on a lawn mower forum. Is there any one you know who's good at computers that can take a second look for you. Not trying to be mean but sometimes a second pair of eyes

L

LoCo86

Wow!

R

Rivets

Wow, I got a surprise. Received 18 email notifications this morning. Don't know what happened, but hope it continues. Thank you to who ever is responsible.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Wow, I got a surprise. Received 18 email notifications this morning. Don't know what happened, but hope it continues. Thank you to who ever is responsible.

Interesting! Let us know if this continues.

R

Rivets

Received 31 so far, but didn't get one on your reply. ????? Really don't know what's going on.

Rivets- I got an email notification from this thread today also. But nothing else..

R

Rivets

Guess what? No notifications for the past week, must not be working again. Muhammad would you have someone look into this. Thank you, Rivets.

Bob E

Bob E

You know, I used to get email notifications all the way up until I declared windows 10 sucks in the windows 10 thread. And now that I think about it I never used to have problems uploading pictures until I uploaded that major tom's ground control picture in the mower humor thread. A few days after posting that one somebody edited it for me so that it was an linked attachment instead of an inserted image...

B

bertsmobile1

Firstly there is no onw looking at individual responces except the moderators who can only delete a post and ban a member.
Oh and of course a few government authorities who just look & listen like
CIA
FBI
Homeland Security
Anti- Terrorism Board
IRS
and 200 or so other beauracrats looking for a way to justify their salary.

R

Rivets

Guess what stopped showing up this past week? EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS!!!! Normally they continue through the summer, but as I said when they came back in hordes in March, we'll see how long it lasts. 7 weeks, I guess it could have been worse. Moderators or Administrators, any idea what's going on?

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

I'm getting them, but they are inconsistent and keep popping up in my spam folder. I've tried to make them appear in the inbox but only some of them do.

B

bertsmobile1

Mine are turning up Rivets.
Not all of them by the look of it but I browse so emails don't really matter.