Drive Belt Replace YTA24V48 with GTRS800 transmission

brobille

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Drive Belt Replace YTA24V48 with GTRS800 transmission
I've elected to replace the drive belt on my Husky YTA24V48 with the plastic transmission.
Apparently I have to drop the electric clutch to get the front belt off, correct?
But my real problem is getting the rear belt off.
Does it just slip off?
There is not much room to work with.
I'd rather not take the gas tank off which is under the seat and directly over the real pulley.
Help!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You will also need to change the v-idler pulleys.

brobille

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks ST
I have all the pulleys and ready to replace once I figure out how to get the dang drive belt off. I've searched YouTube and there are many with the K66 trany but not the RS800

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Have change a few these belts and they are not that hard to get off. And yes the electric PTO clutch and deck has to come off. As far for me telling you how to get it off I done this and really didn't try to keep track what was needed done doing it. It just was nothing out of the ordinary for me to do them but of I regularly change drive belts on multiple machines. Might be a belt retainer on the transaxle but I don't remember one way or the other.

brobille

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input ST, that's help. The belt is fairly thin and flexible so it appears to just slip out the pulley. There is a belt retainer. I have a attached two pictures not from my mower. Again thanks for taking the time to read and answer. Blessings to you.

Attachments

• Husky.belt.res.jpg
    Husky.belt.res.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Husky.trany.res.jpg
    Husky.trany.res.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 6