Discontinued Deck Replacement HELP - Toro SFS 44

ColumbusCC13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Z Master Commercial with an SFS 44 Deck. The deck is 20 years old and rusting out. The deck is discontinued from Toro. Model #74162, Part #108-5884 or 108-5883. Does anyone have any knowledge on if there is an aftermarket deck out there ( Amazon had one last year, but now it's gone too ) or if there are other decks that I can use in place of the original deck! Please HELP and Thank YOU in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a fabricated deck
Remove the spindles & idlers
Take it to a boiler maker and get them to knock you up a new shell with all of the holes cut / drilled
take the new shell to a galvanizing plant and get it hot dipped
Refit your spindles & idlers, put new chains on it & go mow for another 20 years

ColumbusCC13

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a fabricated deck
Take it to a boiler maker and get them to knock you up a new shell with all of the holes cut / drilled
Refit your spindles & idlers, put new chains on it & go mow for another 20 years
Toro said there is 1....literally 1 left in the country....they will sell it to me for 3k....I laughed and they said I know, crazy right! So, I appreciate your response. I don't think I can make your scenario happen for 3k either. There has to be someone out there who has used a different model deck. I just can't find any info.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have done it
IT is not hard if you can weld
The sheet of steel I used was some old checker plate I got cheap
I did not get it hot dipped but I paint with POR 15 so none of my steel stuff ever rusts .
As yours had rusted out I assumed that your were not much in the way of cleaning & painting .
Decks are usually the first thing to go.
Must have 20 mowers here for parts , none of them have useable decks if they have one at all .

GrumpyCat

Threads
It is a fabricated deck
Build 20 and list them on eBay.

Of course having a deck custom built and galvanized will cost about an arm and a leg.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Down here it is actually cheaper than buying a new shell but that is probably die to freight costs
Galvanizing is $ 200 Aus but that means an end to rust on the top .
POR 15 is about $ 60 for the full treatment if you do all of the work but it had to be done exactly according to the instructions or you are just wasting time & money
Vitrious Powder coating is about $ 100 and of course plastic powder coating is a joke .