Discharge or mulch?

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Those are not a mulching blade or high lift blade. I'm kinda confused at why you want to mulch so bad with your ZTR. I run an an X blade on my inner spindle all 4 blades are high lift blades. I only run gator blades on my mowers in early spring and fall when the leaves are starting to cover the lawns. I never bag leaves but i close my ICD and mulch leaves. They are almost a powder and become compost. I run dixie choppers so I'm not familiar with your brand. I'm also kinda confused at why your cutting thick grass at 2"s try raising your cutting height to 4" and i think you'll get better results. Also I'm positive a fabricated deck with baffles will cut better then a pressed deck but it'll also cost you more for the initial purchase.

Threads
I'm new to all this and for some reason I came in thinking that mulching was the way to go and is what everybody did. Since I started this post I have taken the mulching kit off and started using the side discharge. I also realized there was a pretty decent difference in the settings on my new mower than from my last. So I had to raise it up some.
I'm cutting most yards at 3 inches according to my new mower and it seems to be working much better.

CauZey

Threads
I have a stamped deck with a mulch kit. At first I had gator blades on it and I think they are okay. Now I run straight blades with the kit , a lot flatter cut and it still mulches up just fine in the summer months and excess leaves and pine straw after a clean up job. I may put on some mulch blades in the spring or fall but idk.

As for tall grass yeah it sucks cuttin it . ESP it it's wet . It all clumps up in my deck and I hve to drive the mower somewhere off to the side and cut the blades off to drop it all

Threads
I'm new to all this and for some reason I came in thinking that mulching was the way to go and is what everybody did. Since I started this post I have taken the mulching kit off and started using the side discharge. I also realized there was a pretty decent difference in the settings on my new mower than from my last. So I had to raise it up some.
I'm cutting most yards at 3 inches according to my new mower and it seems to be working much better.

I like to mulch because 1) bagging takes too much time and 2) side discharge is messy. I don't like how you can only go one way around flower beds. So I like mulching, but I only have push mowers. I also cut at 3 inches on almost all my lawns.