Export thread

Deck paint peeling

R

retfr8flyr

My Raptor SD 48 deck started loosing the yellow powder coating in big chunks. I called my dealer and Hustler sent them a new deck. It seems they had a problem with a run of decks and my machine was one of the ones in the bad batch. I just picked it back up today and you couldn't ask for better customer service. It only took them about 10 days, to get the new deck in and my dealer installed it at no charge to me. I now have a brand new deck and my guy said Hustler has a new process and no one has had any problems with the powder coating using the new procedures. If any of you have problems with your deck powder coating, you should contact your dealer and see if your serial numbers match the bad batch.

Boobala

Boobala

My Raptor SD 48 deck started loosing the yellow powder coating in big chunks. I called my dealer and Hustler sent them a new deck. It seems they had a problem with a run of decks and my machine was one of the ones in the bad batch. I just picked it back up today and you couldn't ask for better customer service. It only took them about 10 days, to get the new deck in and my dealer installed it at no charge to me. I now have a brand new deck and my guy said Hustler has a new process and no one has had any problems with the powder coating using the new procedures. If any of you have problems with your deck powder coating, you should contact our dealer and see if your serial numbers match the bad batch.

KUDO'S ret, I'm sure there are a good number of Hustler owner's that are appreciative of your posting. ..:thumbsup:

M

mooch91

I just got my Fastrak back from having the deck shell replaced. Brand new. Very pleased with Hustler's warranty. It was peeling by the anti-scalp wheels and at all the deck height adjustment locations, as well as in a couple of spots around the top edge.

G

Grass Whisper

I have noticed that I have a very small spot the is missing a bit of powder-coating by the anti-scalp wheel. Any way of determining if its a an issue or just wear and tear?

Fastrak 54inch deck.

M

mooch91

I have noticed that I have a very small spot the is missing a bit of powder-coating by the anti-scalp wheel. Any way of determining if its a an issue or just wear and tear?

Fastrak 54inch deck.

I could catch mine with my fingernail and peel more. It would just snap off.

R

retfr8flyr

Fastrak 54inch deck.

Talk to your dealer and check the serial number. Hustler knows the numbers of the bad batches.

K

kraky

I have a two-year-old fast-track that just started peeling.... I also had some peeling back by the engine guard right away..... dang I sure don't expect a new deck...... I ll have to check with my dealer.

J

Jsquat1

New to the forum all. I am glad to see this. Have had my Raptor SD since summer 2016 and the powder coating was just horrendous. I was cleaning my deck today and big squares at least 3x3" and bigger were peeling.

I come from the structural steel business and that adhesion is very poor. I'll be reaching out to my dealer as well!

Thanks a bunch!

B

BoylermanCT

Thanks for this info. I contacted my dealer about my deck paint peeling issues, and I have a new deck coming next week.

Thanks OP, I just sent this info to my cousin, who has a Raptor up near your way. :thumbsup:

N

neetan

Can anyone post photos?

Thanks

B

bertsmobile1

To frustrate spammers there is a minimum membership time and/or number of posts before a person can post photos or web links.
So describe you problem and respond to every answer to get your :score" up.

B

BoylermanCT

Here is my deck with the peeling paint.

PeelingPaint1.jpg

PeelingPaint2.jpg

PeelingPaint3.jpg

Here is my deck with the peeling paint.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes that is bad. Good Hustler is stepping up to the plate, & taking care of it's customers.

C

cjhammond

My 2016 Fastrak started to having the flaking issue last week. I took it to my dealer and he told me that Hustler is just having dealers paint them with a rattle can. I have sent an email to Hustler today and will have to wait a few days to see their response. The problem is not just the deck as part of my frame is starting to flake also. I am very frustrated with the dealer response so far, but we will see how it goes.

Chris

Boobala

Boobala

My 2016 Fastrak started to having the flaking issue last week. I took it to my dealer and he told me that Hustler is just having dealers paint them with a rattle can. I have sent an email to Hustler today and will have to wait a few days to see their response. The problem is not just the deck as part of my frame is starting to flake also. I am very frustrated with the dealer response so far, but we will see how it goes.

Chris

Keep us updated...

C

cjhammond

Chris

My dealer is telling me that the only resolution that Hustler is offering him is to spray the bare spots with touch up paint. I contacted Hustler and was told today that I need to contact my dealer. I am not sure where to go at this point.

Very frustrating to say the least!

Chris

B

BoylermanCT

Hustler approved a new deck for my RSD a few weeks ago. I brought the RSD in for the replacement, and ended up trading it in and going home with an X-One instead.

My dealer is telling me that the only resolution that Hustler is offering him is to spray the bare spots with touch up paint. I contacted Hustler and was told today that I need to contact my dealer. I am not sure where to go at this point.

Very frustrating to say the least!

Chris

Maybe you need to make Hustler aware that you know they are replacing decks with this defective powder coat adhesion issue. And that you don't really want to file a claim w/ BBB.