Dead Horse

daknife

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Horse XP. Yesterday I was mowing and everything was working fine until I ran out of gas. I'm sure I ran out of gas because I could see the bootom of the tank before I filled it up. After filling the tank I turned the key to restart the engine and nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. The blade is disengaged and the mower is in neutral, I'm on the seat, anf I have the brake pedal depressed. I've tried with the gas lever in multiple places. I just bought a new battery so I was pretty certain that it wasn't the battery but I tested it anyway and it is charged and fine. I took the cables off the battery and checked them. They are clean and making good contact. The negative cable is still connected to the mower and the positive cable is still connected up front. But when I turn the key, its as dead as it can be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

daknife

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look at the fuse.

You're right! The fuse is blown.

So this reminds me that I just replaced the battery. Do you suppose the battery is too powerful and this is going to be a recurring problem?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
No, look for loose dirty connections or frayed wires.