Dangers of using Leak stop additives in Yanmar Diesels.

BennyTheBear

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dangers of using Leak stop additives in Yanmar Diesels.
I encountered recently a few Yanmar diesels that had early problems. I was supprized that they had trouble as most last and last if used and maintained properly. I found at first glance the coolant was a odd rust muddy brown. I took samples of all fluids and sent to lab. Came back with high concentrations of additives. When tore engine down found had blocked coolant passages. Engine had been over heated enough to score center cam bearings that ride directly in block so the block is done unless bored and bushings installed. Thus in my opinion if you have a coolant leak on a small diesel, forget the quick fix. Fix it right and save your engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Dangers of using Leak stop additives in Yanmar Diesels.
yea it is amazing.
The first Roller we bought for the hire car company continually leaked water into the sump as it is a wet linner design.
The partner did not want to pull the linners & fit new O rings so out came the chemi weld.
When we finally had to do new rings we could not get the old liners out and warped the alloy block attempting to do so.
Repair cost was over $ 4000 because he did not want to spend $ 350 on new gaskets.