D105 No spark when hot

Diverdan0430

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD D105 that is about 2 years old. Lately, when the motor is hot, it will not restart. Once it cools off, it fires right up and works great. Any idea what is causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Classic ignition module failure. Try a substitute is you can before buying a new one. Lots of other discussion in this forum. Try the search function.

Mikel1

Threads
I agree with motoman, I would check for spark when it dies.
So how do like the d105, my friend just bought one a few weeks ago?

Diverdan0430

Forum Newbie
Threads
When it dies or not restart, there is no spark. Once it sets for about 30-45 mins it fires right back up. With everything I have read, it seems the coil is going out. I am heading over to JD this morning to get another and talk to their tech. I like the mower, it has done well. My yard is not really big, so it does just what I need it to do. I am happy with it.

Diverdan0430

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replaced the coil, set the gap, fired up and after running about 30 mins, I shut it down and it fired right back up. Easy fix.

Mikel1

Threads
Sounds good:thumbsup:
Thanks for the info. About what size do you think your yard is?

JD is best

Threads
Replaced the coil, set the gap, fired up and after running about 30 mins, I shut it down and it fired right back up. Easy fix.
I have had that problem before, but when I replaced the coil, I forgot to set the gap and had to tear it down again.