CZ4817 need part

1938rock

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a CZ4817 zeroturn mower, and the IZT (intergrated zeroturn transaxle) left side is shot. I need help finding a new part (539107605) or a rebuild kit for this part. or does another company make this part for another company. thanks

robhillerby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys;

I'm new to the forums (and new to ride-on lawn mowers). I am having the exact same problem as 1938rock and I don't understand the response that was given. I know this is an old post. Could someone dumb things down a bit for me? Where can I find the number that I need? If I have it, can I just look up the manufacturer and order a rebuild kit for the IZT? Does anyone know if it is worth doing or should I just scrap the mower since it currently only goes in circles? :smile:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On the hydros will be a small bar code tag.
Usually there are two or three on them, a couple on the actual units and one more on the chassis of the mower.
Along with the actual bar code will be the makers name and model number.
Using this information you can go to the maker, or a retail parts supplier and buy the parts needed.

Hydrogear and Tuff Torque supply most and they have both the parts books and service manuals available free on line.

There are some on this forum who are really proficient with web searching ( unlike yours truly ) and will generally post links to suppliers or service information almost instantly.
Others are in trade and will post links to pages only available to trade searches however a lot of these expire after a short time.

robhillerby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks so much for the info! I will have a look and see what I can find.

The Dealer told me that for them to do the repair would be more than the machine was worth if it was working. It has about 700 hours on it and was bought in 2003. He said fixing the IZTs can be difficult to do and used parts are hard to come by. He was also showing me new machines in his shop. I'm not saying I don't trust him, but do you know if this repair is worth doing for a novice small engine guy on a machine that has 700 hours?

Thanks again for the help

Rob

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Down here the Glass front mower shops all have service depatment for the sole purpose of giving outrages repair quotes to make it easy for the sales staff to sell you a new mower.