Export thread

CV15S Ticking at high rpm

W

woodmasteralso

It sounds like valves ticking at high rpm I puled the cover and getting plenty of oil and everything seems snug in there ,still runs good just clicking a lot. I changed oil and flushed the motor out but didn't make much dif if any, any thoughts ? Thanks

Fish

Fish

what weight oil are you using?

Fish

Fish

How many threads will you start?

W

woodmasteralso

How many threads will you start?

I am using sae 30 and have for years I started two threads after over 100 views in the lawnmower thread and no replies I figured I might have it in the wrong forum, Sorry if it upset you.

BlazNT

BlazNT

In this forum there are lots of lookers and just a hand full of people that answer. I don't answer what I can't fix. Well that is not always true.

R

Rivets

When you pulled the valve cover, did you check the valve clearances? You may have a floating or sticking valve. In Kohler OHV engines I always use a 10W-30 oil.

Fish

Fish

I am using sae 30 and have for years I started two threads after over 100 views in the lawnmower thread and no replies I figured I might have it in the wrong forum, Sorry if it upset you.

Upset me???? Yeah... I ask questions that pertain to the original post because they pretty much are involved with the solution...

Fish

Fish

Well, I admit. If I dared asked you your engine's model and spec numbers, I would have been attacked by the old crew which are
partly here.... The reason why I would have asked is to find out if you have hydraulic lifters in your engine, which you likely do,
and any goober that has worked on a few Kohlers knows that Kohler recommends a multi-weight oil like 10-w-30 instead of
straight 30w, because it will cause ticking in the lifters!!!!!

So do whatever you want.

Fish

Fish

This is kind of scary......