custom lights for my Toro 11/44

sean'sengines

Threads
Hey guys :smile: so....... I wanna hook up some custom lights for my tractor. I put in a new switch for the head lights, and it has reflectors in the back (stock) but I want to get some simple red lense bulb lights for the rear fenders. I can get them for about $2 a piece. So, I think spade connectors would be best, but I want to patch them into the standard switch to control all the lights. I can do a separate switch if necessary though. So, how would I go about doing this? Just running wire from the lights in the back to spade connectors that I can hook up to another switch, and then that switch to the battery or to the other headlights/switch? Any diagrams or pics or videos from what you guys have done?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wiring is relatively easy... You will have to be careful of your routing, use the appropriate shielding where necessary...
The most important things to do...
Always fuse any new run.
Use correct wire size for the current flow.
Use correct Hardware & switches..
Don't exceed your charging system output.

Add all the lighting you want, within the limits of the charging system.. I like bullet connectors, thet have less bulk than spades, make a nicer wiring harness, and are usually easier to connect...
:smile:KennyV

jt2953

Threads
When i got my tractor, it had headlight part on it but no socket, bulb or even wiring. I went to a john deere plant and got the wiring socket for the bulbs and the lights and hooked my positive from the battery across the dash and drilled a 3/8 hole and installed a toggle switch. the the switch to the lights and installed everything. Then finally hooked the negative to the bulbs to the nearest ground conductive peice of metal and for the back light got another light and wired it to a new switch.