Export thread

Cub Cadet RZT 50 Belt Replacement

N

ndv45

Hello, I am new to this site but I have looked at previous post and was unable to find a answer. I have the replacement belt for the mowing deck which is P/N 754-04044. I believe it to be 134 inches long.
Problem pulleys are worn on the clutch. Want to put a 5/8 inch wide belt on mower, as the sheaves will support the wider belt, but don't know how to calculate the belt length. Can any body help me with this problem? I am at a loss.
Butch

BlazNT

BlazNT

You will have to replace your PTO as well. It is in the $200.00 range.
When you replace all the pulleys and PTO you go and buy a 5/8" thick rope. Run it through the pulleys then measure it. Take out an inch for the tensioner.

B

bertsmobile1

If the pulleys that have been running the 1/2" belt on are worn then fitting a 5/8" belt will not be of much use.
The pulleys will have a step in them and that step will prevent the belt from gripping properly and wear the belt prematurely.
A 130" x 5/8" belt is a very expensive item.
While some mower pulleys look deep enough to take a 5/8" belt, generally they are not.
The extra depth is there to allow the belt to run slack for a few seconds without jumping off the pulleys