Export thread

Cub cadet LTX1040

G

getsee

I have a cub cadet LTX1040 riding mower. I was wondering if a oil filter other than a Kroler filter can be used ?

B

bertsmobile1

There are a lot of aftermarket filters that can not be used as an excuse to void your warrantee Stens & Rotary come to mind in the USA they should ba about 1/2 the Kohler price.

reynoldston

reynoldston

There are a lot of aftermarket filters that can not be used as an excuse to void your warrantee in the USA .

In the 25 years working for dealers here in the USA I have never seen this filter thing happen. As a matter of fact it was very rare to void a warrantee for anything. I must of been working for good dealers. :thumbsup:

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I have the 1040, oil change time came, and I tried a wix cross ref. filter for it. Did not fit, tried fram, no bueno, then carquest, Nah ah. Had to pay $10 for the Krohler filter.
POJ:newhere:

B

bertsmobile1

Every aftermarket parts supplier does after market oil filters.
Usually it is the same filter from the same factory with a different name on the outside.
Consider that at the worst you replace it once a season, the cost of the filter is a touch on the insignificant side.

I do find the resistance to to fitting a low cost necessary item like an oil filter they they happily fork out more than 3 times the cost of the filer to fit un-necessary fully synthetic oil.