Export thread

Cub Cadet LTX1040 - Brake pedal locks when fully depressed and won't release

A

AdamInKC

I was mowing up leaves last weekend and when I went to release the parking brake the lever would not release. The only way I could get it unlocked was to open the engine lid and pull up on the lever that has the locking mechanism. I verified the rod that connects the park brake lever was attached and connected to the locking mechanism; however it is not releasing the brake for some reason. It appears that it is not pulling it up enough. Whenever I fully depress the brake pedal, it automatically locks down now. It should only lock down when I depress the brake and push the parking brake lever down.

Any ideas on what could be causing this on my 2009 LTX?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

K

KennyV

Hello Adam & WELCOME to LMF....

Your lawn tractor uses a disc brake coupled with a Rod... and there are several bent rods & brackets that get everything working together... check for loose hardware or bent rods that may need to be adjusted/bent back into their original position... :smile:KennyV
(There is also a chance that the brake pad is worn thin/or missing, allowing the caliper to move too far.)

zman111666

zman111666

It sounds to me there is a spring broken or missing, probably right on the back side of the release lever.